Provide visionary leadership in learning resources and instructional support to work with students, faculties, families and communities. Provide all students and faculty with an enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, promote literacy and technology integration into the teaching and learning process. Provide services and resources that allow students opportunities to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing and using information to solve problems. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Create a library environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students; manage discipline in accordance with campus procedures and board policy.
- Understand curriculum design and implementation, particularly as it relates to the integration of information literacy, inquiry, technology and the TEKS.
- Coordinate and manage all activities pertaining to the library such as author visits, book fairs, or specific literacy programming, etc.
- Work collaboratively with district library coordinator and other librarians in the district to ensure an aligned K-12 library program through attendance and participation in library meetings.
- Prepare, administer, manage and maintain accurate records related to the library budget.
- Perform ongoing collection development and withdrawal of library materials in accordance to LISD policies and de-selection guidelines.
- Support and provide guidance in the LISD Acceptable Use Policy and guidelines for media use.
- Provide learning opportunities for users on the availability of library resources and Fair Use/Copyright information as needed.
- Manage the acquisition, processing, organization, distribution, maintenance and inventory of all campus library resources.
- Conduct annual library inventory; compile and submit annual data for campus library report to principal and district library coordinator.
- Participate in campus committees as appropriate and as requested by supervisor.
- Collaborate with teachers to integrate information problem-solving skills into subject areas and team teach as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents and supervisors maintaining a positive and helpful relationship.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the campus library program and implementing changes based on findings.
- Comply with federal, state, district and school regulations and policies in the area of library services.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned. Master's degree in Library and Information Science or related field.
- Valid Standard School Librarian Certificate.
- Experience in library/media center in public school setting preferred.
- Two years of teaching experience required, elementary preferred.
- Knowledge of library and information science; instruction and student behavior management; and organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website