To assist the bus operator in safe and efficient transportation with a focus on Pre-K and special needs students to and from school and extra-curricular events while maintaining safety and enforcing and complying with District, State and Federal regulations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Monitor the boarding and departure of students on the bus. Ensures that safety belts, child restraint systems, and adaptive seating devices and wheelchairs are properly position and securely fastened during student transport.
- Ensure all Pre-K students sit at the front of the bus in their assigned seats and get off of the bus at their correct bus stop and school.
- Monitor students during the ride to ensure bus rules and regulations are followed.
- Assist driver and students in operation of lifts for wheelchairs and assist disabled students.
- Maintain good student conduct on the bus.
- Secure special equipment that may accompany the student.
- Ensure the safety and care of students entering, exiting and riding the bus.
- Check all bus seats after each run to ensure all student got off and none remain on the bus.
- Must be alert to any conditions in the loading and unloading area which present a danger to students.
- Provide extra attention to students with special needs, including responding to disruptive behavior outside of the student's ability to control
- Communicate in an appropriate fashion with students, parents and employees.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Previous experience assisting special needs individuals preferred.
- Satisfactory performance in local District safety training course.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively; operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment; work well with children with special needs.; and perform with professionalism in intense or stressful situations.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- May be required to physically assist students into bus.
- May be required to adapt to specific disabilities of students with special needs.
- Able to move or lift injured students (up to 180 pounds) to evacuate bus.
- Ability to carry or drag a 125-pound person 30 feet in 30 seconds in the case of an emergency
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Will be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
Apply on company website