To work closely with the librarian to provide services and resources that allow opportunities for students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, and synthesizing information to solve problems. Assist with day-to-day library operations. Provide instructional support for students, faculties, families, and the community.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with teachers and administrators.
- Ability to collaborate with the librarian and campus and district teams.
- Collaborate with teachers to integrate information problem-solving skills into subject areas and co-teach as appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination, management, and communication of all activities pertaining to the campus media center, such as summer reading, literacy programming, etc.
- Provide learning opportunities for users on the availability of library resources.
- Understand curriculum design and implementation, particularly as it relates to the integration of information literacy, inquiry, technology, and the TEKS.
- Collaborate and participate in the mLISD Empowered Learning leadership team in all duties and responsibilities pertaining to mLISD Empowered Learning.
- Work collaboratively with the District Library Coordinator and other HS librarians in the district to ensure an aligned K-12 library program through attendance and participation in library meetings
- Comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies in the area of library services.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) . as needed.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Valid Texas Teacher's Certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field. Master's degree in English, technology, or education preferred.
- Minimum two years of successful school teaching experience, High School preferred.
- Knowledge of curriculum, relevant technology, effective instructional strategies and research-based best practices; school regulations and policies for classroom teachers; and instruction and student behavior management.
- Skilled in communication, organization, problem-solving, critical thinking and flexibility.
- Ability to present information accurately and clearly; manage multiple priorities and projects and provide and contribute to professional learning as needed.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website