Leander ISD is currently evaluating several potential models in light of the changing situation, and following guidance established by local, state and federal leaders.
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A $50.20 fingerprinting fee will be charged once hired.
To support a highly available and secure network by designing and implementing processes and programs to enhance data security and privacy. Maintain a very high level of confidentiality while providing outstanding service to clients.
- Creative Visionary who is passionately focused on effecting change and has the ability to merge data and fact with intuition, imagination, and innovation in an effort to realize the possibilities rather than be content with the probabilities.
- Dedicated Professional who creates a supportive environment by modeling and expecting autonomy and accountability; who exemplifies ethics; who accepts and values the differences of others, exhibits empathy, and who has a sense of human wisdom, courage and compassion.
- Inspiring Catalyst who motivates and empowers others to become leaders and risk takers, and who acknowledges expertise, celebrates successes, and honors the lives of others.
- Life-long Learner who perpetuates self-motivated learning, and effectively drives transformation with continuous monitoring, evaluating, and adjusting.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design, implement and audit security controls related to company systems, networks, and applications and ensure controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Administer security systems and services including endpoint protection and content filtering
- Analyze security logs and reports from network equipment and services including firewalls, load balancers and Active Directory
- Responsible for user-focused technical support (repairs, training, etc.).
- Attend related conferences, seminars and training to maintain current skill set.
- Collect and maintain evidence or pertinent information as it relates to FERPA, HIPAA and other legislation.
- Advocate for and execute proper change management principles to ensure high network availability and reliability.
- Manage vendors relative to information security systems software and services.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department and campus staff and vendors.
- Provide high-quality, friendly customer service courtesy, that focuses on problem resolution.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
None GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, MIS or related field.
- Technical certifications preferred - Comptia, Microsoft, Cisco or other.
- Strong systems administration experience with various authentication and data security services, specifically Active Directory, Windows server, Linux server, SQL, LDAP, ADFS, SAML, NFTS, Kerberos and related identity services.
- Strong networking experience with IPS, access control policy and network protocols.
- Experience administering and securing cloud services including Google Workspaces and O365
- Experience automating administration tasks through scripting in PowerShell, Python, Bash or other languages.
- Experience in log aggregation and correlation using Elastic/Kibana or other SIEM platforms
- Skill in oral and written communication; customer friendly support; self-direction; organization; conflict management; problem solving and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times; clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences; make presentations to a variety of audiences; maintain clearly written documentation of technical processes; and investigate and compile data from various sources.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website