To provide district-wide leadership and coordination for all aspects of curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional learning, and materials support in the area of secondary English/Language Arts to enhance and maximize the learning opportunities for students.
- Creative Visionary who is passionately focused on effecting change and has the ability to merge data and fact with intuition, imagination, and innovation in an effort to realize the possibilities rather than be content with the probabilities.
- Dedicated Professional who creates a supportive environment by modeling and expecting autonomy and accountability; who exemplifies ethics; who accepts and values the differences of others, exhibits empathy, and who has a sense of human wisdom, courage and compassion.
- Inspiring Catalyst who motivates and empowers others to become leaders and risk takers, and who acknowledges expertise, celebrates successes, and honors the lives of others.
- Life-long Learner who perpetuates self-motivated learning, and effectively drives transformation with continuous monitoring, evaluating, and adjusting.
- Promote and support the district vision, initiatives and culture.
- Provide instructional leadership and support to administrators, curriculum staff, instructional coaches and teachers regarding the alignment and implementation of LISD's written, taught, and assessed curricula.
- Provide instructional leadership and support to administrators, curriculum staff, instructional coaches and teachers in implementing various teaching and learning strategies.
- Design, coordinate, and align systems and processes to support district and campus goals.
- Coordinate and support the development and implementation of Leander ISD's programs which relate to the curriculum.
- Collaborate with the Secondary Intervention Coordinator to organize and manage curriculum, materials, and staff for secondary summer programs as assigned.
- Lead, direct and participate in district committees and projects as needed.
- Collaborate with PK-12 curriculum staff to ensure a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Collaborate with the Instructional and Professional Learning and the Information Technology Services Departments to identify and select technology related equipment and materials needed to support instructional programs.
- Oversee the design and revision of the written curriculum and district assessments.
- Coordinate hiring, placement, and supervision of secondary English/Language Arts curriculum specialists.
- Develop and manage budgets as assigned by the Executive Director of Secondary Curriculum.
- Identify professional learning needs in the area of curriculum for curriculum staff, instructional coaches, and teachers.
- Coordinate, develop, and provide professional learning aligned to district initiatives.
- Analyze national, state, and local assessment data and coordinate plans for improvement in targeted areas.
- Gather feedback and make recommendations for continuous improvement of program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with School and Community Relations to communicate district curriculum, instructional practices, accomplishments, goals and new directions to parents and the community.
- Abide by all district and state policies and guidelines
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Curriculum Specialists, Secondary Language Arts.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Valid Texas English/Language Arts Teacher Certification - 6-12 preferred. Specialist or Master Certification in English/Language Arts preferred.
- Significant experience in teaching secondary Language Arts. Significant experience participating in district level curriculum work. Campus or district leadership role experience preferred.
- Knowledge of curriculum development strategies; effective leadership strategies; systems thinking and continuous improvement philosophy; and best practices in specific field.
- Skill in communication, collaboration, and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to self-direct, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks; collect, analyze, and use data to improve student learning; attend training and read/research as needed to extend knowledge.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website