DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
What it's like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
To learn more about Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Following established procedures, practices and policies within an MRP environment, to obtain quotations, evaluate proposals, award Purchase Orders and expedite delivery of goods and services will be requirements of this role.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute and generate Purchase Orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar documents related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment, services and materials;
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and Suppliers for assigned commodities;
- Send expedite reports on a weekly basis to Suppliers to ensure existing Purchase Order deliverables are on schedule, and solicit commitment for expedite requests;
- Expedite critical path parts by working closely with the Supplier and any/all internal depts. impacted, and resolve any problematic shipments;
- Identify nonresponsive Suppliers immediately to the Buyer(s) for further action;
- Attend whiteboard or status meetings with relevant material delivery data;
- Maintain the MRP system (Costpoint 7) delivery due dates and respective notes;
- Under guidance, may assist in negotiations and apply limited knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk;
- Maintain professional relationships with Suppliers. May resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements;
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary;
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances in conjunction with the Buyer(s);
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Communicate Supplier performance;
- Support, consolidate and maintain monthly performance metrics;
- Coordinate, distribute and maintain data for assigned departmental reports;
- Support the monthly Estimate at Complete (EAC) and Estimate to Complete (ETC) data collection and validation; and
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good organization skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize and meet work schedules
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Works well within a team
- Post-secondary education, i.e. Diploma in Material or Supply Chain Management, APICS certification is considered an asset
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar role within the high-tech industry is required
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of MRP is essential
- Effective computer skills including, excel spreadsheets and database creation, maintenance and update
All applicants must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance.
Applicants requiring a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process are to advise Human Resources. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers.
Apply on company website