Location: DRS Pivotal Power, Halifax, NS
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
What it's like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, and more!
As a CAD Draftsperson you are well versed in the use of 3D CAD software to design and package complex electronic enclosure and piece parts for military applications. As a member of the Engineering department you will work with department members to review and check design documentation as well as support product configuration management and quality processes.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain accurate product drawings for a wide variety of mechanical and electrical products and components.
- Generate drawing updates based on engineering mark-ups
- Provide technical assistance and direction for electrical design activities as required
- Ensure drawing compliance with all project requirements
- Assist in the creation and management of ILS requirements, including supporting the creation and maintenance of product technical manuals and other supporting documentation
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required.
- Effectively works with teams and facilitates interaction
- Advanced problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Highly effective organization and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to set and achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- You will have a mechanical technology or mechanical drafting technology diploma with five (5) or more years' experience
- Exposure to electronics packaging, environmental test, sheet metal fabrication or military equipment design considered an asset
- Knowledge of 3D computer aided design is essential, and a strong competency with SolidWorks is preferred.
- Familiarity with the application of military and commercial standards to electrical designs is desired
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Excellent technical writing skills
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada
Apply on company website