Position Title: CONFIGURATION & DATA MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; avionics systems engineering; training and simulation systems; defence/space electronics manufacturing.
This is a full time position for a Configuration & Data Management (CADM) specialist who has a passion for understanding products and how they evolve over their full life cycle. The successful candidate will also participate in the maintenance of CADM processes to ensure ease of use by the engineering staff.
Do you know how to dig into a feature and find the issues that are likely to confuse a user? Do you like working with, and learning from, a group of passionate people who are driven to build new solutions to complex problems?
Primary Roles and Accountabilities:
- Lead the definition and implementation of configuration management processes as per contract requirements while understanding the constraints of internal processes/applications.
- Support Configuration Identification activities and the CI structure for the program
- Support Program team(s) in CM and DM activities, managing releases, identifying baselines and controlling changes for all project work products
- Manage Configuration Change Control processes for the program
- Import/export/manage CM information data to customers/CostPoint ERP system
- Support software release management activities
- Be able to become an administrator for CM tools such as Aras Innovator and additional web applications
- Support the tracking of variations or concessions
- Deliver regular reports (documentation and configuration) to the Engineering and Program managers
- Support ongoing Improvement efforts to the Configuration Management system
- Coach teams and users in best practices and proper use of the Configuration Management system
- Disseminate information to the team and project involved entities as required
- Provide administrative support to teams in the use of Microsoft Word and finalize the release of documentation.
- Personal drive and passion for process quality and continuous improvement. Motivation to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to identify gaps/issues/errors
- Excellent verbal communication to effectively collaborate with, and audit members of other teams.
- Excellent written communication skills to document and communicate process changes and deliver management reports
- Ability to track and prioritize tasks for several projects, simultaneously, while coordinating with other people's priorities and schedules and meeting strict deadlines
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in an engineering or related activity, or equivalent experience
- Experience with CM standards such as ANSI/EIA 649, ISO 10007, and MIL-HDBK-61A in structured system engineering environments.
- Proficiency in the use of JIRA/Confluence and SharePoint is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle activities is considered an asset
- Proficiency in use of Aras Innovator, Deltek CostPoint is ideal, proficiency in an equivalent PLM and ERP application is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft products such as MSWORD, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Configuration and Data Management
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements; a minimum of 5-years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada
Apply on company website