Job ID: 99856
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.Job Summary
Opportunity Summary – This position is contingent upon contract Award
LOCATION: Coronado, CO
Description: Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration o systems through database design. Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database management.
• Analyzes, designs, manages, and tests a complex computerized database application.
• Ensures system performance and recommends changes to optimize processes.
• Implements security and integrity controls, ensuring accuracy of data.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
• May serve as an advisor to customers, developing solutions to complex technical needs.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• BA/BS w/12+ yrs. OR MA/MS Degree and/or 10+ years of relevant experience, prefer degree in Computer Science
• Provides planning and implementation guidance for incorporating new applications to the database system
• Experience in current principles and practices of managing database systems and ability to modify and maintain databases for specific user requirements
• Experience with principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management. Experience with Windows, SQL server, and related database tools
• Ability to coordinate system resources with system operators, system and application programmers, and other users
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management, other IT professionals and end-users
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
• Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
#CA #CS #EKMS
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website