LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
The individual will be a member of the Readout Integrated Circuit (ROIC) development team of DRS' Electro Optics and Imaging Systems (EOIS) division. In this role, the ROIC engineer will work closely with other team members to develop integrated circuits (IC) for ROIC and Focal Plane Arrays (FPA). The key responsibilities are the following: Characterization and validation in a lab environment. Integrated circuit design and layout. Block and chip level verification.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: BSEE, MSEE
- Experience: 0-2 yrs with work experience or course work in CMOS mixed-signal and analog IC design
- Knowledge of transistor-level schematic design and simulation
- Knowledge of semiconductor processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ideal candidate will possess 3 or more of these desired skills:
- Experienced with Virtuoso and Calibre
- Experienced performing integrated circuit physical design (layout)
- Working experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and other lab equipment, to validate analog designs
- Familiar with digital IC design using Verilog
- Ability to analyze data in Mathcad, MATLAB, or similar tools
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- Laboratory functional test of new Readout ICs
- Laboratory characterization of Readout ICs and Focal Plane Arrays (FPAs)
- Transistor-level analog circuit design
- Mixed-signal integrated circuit layout
- Circuit-level and mixed-mode simulation and verification
- Data analysis and report generation
- Documentation of design, verification, and testing
- Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website