Job ID: 99735
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.Job Summary
The Logistic Engineer is responsible for developoing support documentation e.g. Maintenance Task Analysis, and Repair Level Analysis, SM&R codes, that provides overall mission support for the total product lifecycle. Logistics support considerations must include but are not limited to obsolescence analysis, technology insertion, upgrades, repair, and overhaul of legacy systems, subsystems, and components. Efforts required to anticipate and meet these continual customer needs will cover analysis, data collection, LSA file design and technology insertion, prototyping, maintenance, fabrication, repair, and testing.Job Responsibilities
- Plans, develops and implements logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product including ILS, MTA, LORA, technical documentation, RAM, provisioning, spares, packaging, facilities, training, etc.
- Collect, document and analyze component and subsystem specifications and material requirements to support provisioning process. Must understand the DOD supply system and impact of provisioning decisions and applications.
- Compile data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistic activities.
- Participate in development, review and revision of Technical Publications and Training material.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, analyze and evaluate product design, develop logistics plans and concepts to best support reliability and maintainability contract requirements.
- Prepare, review and revise Logistics contract deliverables to U.S. government or contractor customer specifications.
- Provide detailed Logistics expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel during design reviews and throughout the design development process.
- Perform as technical Subject Matter Expert for DRS products during testing of products, systems or subsystems.
- Provide expert on-site support during customer planning, guidance and review meetings.
- Work closely with ILS Manager to develop project cost and schedule and execute to plan.
- Assist the ILSM to specify and evaluate supplier services, products, subsystems and components.
- Resolves logistics problems when they occur and advocates solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate clearly and with impact, both in writing and orally, with Engineering, Program Management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Maintain intense customer focus, effective customer dialog and clearly evaluate and express customer requirements to the other DRS functional groups.
- Mentor and coach subordinate Log Engineers, provide logistics impact advice to all members of the product team, and help them assess the impact of logistics related decisions.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and development of the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a logistics engineering discipline.
- Mastery of Integrated Logistics Elements and intimate knowledge of customer applications such as PowerLog or SLICK for Logistics products.
- Proven experience and expertise in preparing Product Support Analysis (PSA) data in accordance with Mil Std 1388-2a and 2b, and GEIA-STD-0007.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze engineering drawings, schematics, flow diagrams, bills of materials and specification sheets for electrical and mechanical equipment. #LSY
Apply on company website