Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Danbury, CT
Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget. Follows written work instructions. Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Proper use of required PPE. May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc. Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs high-level electrical board re-work, including but not limited to replacing components, removal and replacement of solder
- Perform simple assemblies and hardware installation screws, washers, nuts and have basic understanding of build documentation.
- Perform Electro-Mechanical Assembly, including small wire harnesses
- Perform pull-test and verify tooling, use torque tools and have the ability to interpret & assemble multiple units in dept. Basic troubleshooting.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Must be able to access production tools (routers, parts list, work instructions, etc.) and be able to wire prep, auto bond, sleeving.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- US Citizenship
- Knowledge of IPC-610 (Certification a plus)
- Strong ability to read & comprehend complex assembly drawings, wire lists, & written process instructions required
- Proficient in Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to use hand tools and torque tools
- Ability to read detail through final assembly drawings
- Ability to follow routings, visual aids and NQA/ISO procedures
- Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MS #NPS
Apply on company website