Job ID: 100072
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.Job Summary
Location: Fully Remote Position
As a senior member of DRS Global Enterprise Solutions' (GES) technical team, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, analysis, integration, tests and support of web application and database solutions. The individual in this role should possess broad knowledge across multiple software platforms and draw on skills and experience to assess customer requirements and systems architecture in order to develop technical and secure solutions.
The SR Software Engineer will be responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget. Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers.Job Responsibilities and Required Experience
• Develop System Architectures for solutions such as Network Management Systems and Web Portals for Communication and IT Infrastructure.
• Ability to transform RFI/RFP/PWS based requirements into solutions and deliverables per the timeline and budget constraints
• Experience integrating various web technologies with other platforms and tools such as ScienceLogic and RF equipment, and Modem monitoring and control tools using industry standard API, SNMP, XML, and proprietary protocols
• Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems, subsystems and modules.
• Administration of User Interfaces using AWS Service Cloud Instance
• Knowledge of Cloud-based Fault Management and Reporting Systems
• Experience with Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics
• Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach development engineers
• Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop Requirements Verification and Traceability Matrix
• Ability to work and lead engineering teams using Agile/Scrum methods.
• Ability to layout requirements against develop phases to meet project schedules
• Provide prototype demonstrations to internal and external customers at various development phases
• Ability to recognize, identity, assess, and provide mitigations to various risks including technical, schedule, cost, and programmatic
• Ability to create documents/white papers on design, development, workflows, processes and analysis at System, subsystem, unit levels
• Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
• Knowledge of other services management platforms such as ServiceNow or BMC Remedy; cloud services such as Azure, Google Cloud, and Private/distributed clouds
• Knowledge of Software Systems Development and Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience with the setup and use of continuous integration tools, source version control systems, specifically Git.
• Experience working in a cross-functional development team
• Working with Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams in developing compelling technical proposals
• ServiceNow and Salesforce Lightning Web Development and Unlocked Packages
• Experience working on Federal Government and DoD contracts
• Knowledge of NIST/RMF Security Standards
• Knowledge of project management processes and knowledge areas
• Knowledge of satellite communication systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website