<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">www.leonardodrs.com<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Location
- Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Local candidates only - no relocation
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS NIS – Illinois is seeking a process technician who will join the manufacturing team for semiconductor parts by epitaxial growth. This position is primarly responsible for maintaining and operating process equipment, preparing wafers and holders, inspecting and handling parts according to product specific requirements. Other technical support tasks in the manufacturing facility and administrative support tasks will be required.Job Responsibilities
- Operate various types of manufacturing, material growth reactors and or process equipment to conduct experiments or to grow custom materials
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientists on components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsible for testing, reworking, and repairing electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Assist in training new team members
- Interface with other team members to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Work from engineering specifications, operation sheets, wiring and assembly drawings, and sketches
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Test, inspect, and repair electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies
- Soldering, wire bonding, and/or machine tool experience are a plus.
- Education: Associate's degree
- Experience: 2+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Good communicatiton skills (oral and written)
- Work under minimal supervision and provide guidance to other technicians
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to handle small delicate components
- Ability to handle hazardous chemicals
- Lifting 50 lbs. <5% of time
- Walking about 30% of time
- Climbing <5% of time
- Bending <10% of time
- Sitting about 30% of time
- Standing about 40%
- Stooping <5% of time
- Kneeling <10% of time
- Must wear frock, gloves, and safety glasses
- Travel – Up to 5% of year
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website