<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">www.leonardodrs.com<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job Summary
As a Product & Test Engineer, the successful candidate will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including: integrated circuit design, analog and digital circuit board design, test engineering, mechanical design, and system design. With product responsibility, the successful candidate will help coordinate specifications between these groups, conduct tests, troubleshoot problems, analyze data, recommend product/process improvements, complete product validations / qualifications and maintain documentation, all with the goal of developing the best infrared sensor technology in the industry.Job Responsibilities
- Act as technical applications interface to both internal & external customers using DRS products
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, test systems or subsystems
- Establish and implement product design and manufacturing process changes to reduce cost and improve performance
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop test designs that best support them
- Identify yield limits and recommend changes to increase manufacturing margin
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned tasks, both on time and within budget
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and customers, as required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of circuit analysis
- Hands-on experience in electronics test lab environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs
- .NET, C, C++, Python, Visual Basic, VB Scripting or equivalent programming language
- Test and/or characterization experience of infrared detectors or equivalent imagaging sensors
- Familarity with MatLab or MathCAD programming language
- Familiarity with FPGA design tools, such as Altera or Xilinx
- Other higher level languages
- Bachelors of Science or higher level degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-3 years experience in troubleshooting circuits and / or electronics test design
- Entry level Electrical Engineers, with prior co-op / intern experience, will also be considered
Lifting, Walking, Climbing, Standing, Sitting, Bending, Standing, Stooping and KneelingWorking Conditions
- Travel up to 10%
- Light Manufacturing
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website