Job ID: 101148
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Location
Dallas, TexasJob Summary
Play a lead role in obtaining and maintaining a TS16949 automotive quality certification at the Dallas, TX site. Help ensure compliance to both internal processes and external automotive regulations by performing internal audits and leading the efforts for external TS16949 audits. Track and drive TS16949 audit actions and other compliance issues to resolution through formal corrective actions or other means. Troubleshoot and diagnose weaknesses with existing processes, offering suggestions on modifications and improvements. Support TS16949-based projects and processes that ensure continuously improving value to our customers and business units. While the focus of this position is on TS16949, similar work and support can be expected with our exsting AS9100 certification.Job Responsibilities
- Lead effort for TS164949 certification.
- Perform TS16949-based gap analysis and internal audits. Present results in both written and verbal formats. Quickly drive audit actions to closure noting opportunities for improvement, not just compliance.
- Manage logistics of external TS16949 audits.
- Facilitate process improvements and rollouts of new initiatives.
- Prepare and/or teach audit preparation training classes for potential auditees.
- Able to negotiate and drive changes, big and small, that allow for quality compliance with minimal impact on the efficiency of other business operations.
- Assist with document management and control. Comfortable with reviewing significant amounts of documentation for compliance.
- Colloborate with AS9100 certification team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of equipment, tooling and calibration industry standards (e.g. ISO, AS, ANSI, NIST, etc.).
- Understanding of cleanroom principles and how to work within these constraints.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis such as Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Knowledge/experience with the AS9100 quality standard.
- At least two years in a process improvement role with a TS16949 certified automotive supplier or directly related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior TS16949 automotive certification experience.
- Internal audit experience.
- Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) experience.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work well with cross-functional teams and/or employees from numerous backgrounds and job functions (design, engineering, manufacturing, management, contracts, programs, etc.).
- Good teaching/training skills, as well as patience, to help others learn and understand TS16949 requirements.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Communicate clearly. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong background with compliance, documentation, record keeping, etc.
- Understanding of and/or experience with manufacturing environments.
- Perform work in office and factory floors including work in a Class 100 cleanroom facility with related gowning requirements.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking.
- Travel 0% - 5% per year
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website