Job ID: 100517
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.Job Summary
As the DRS Naval Power Systems Quality Engineer, you are responsible for assisting the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to meet the project goals of delivery, cost and quality. Develop, maintain and deploy Quality Plans and activities that translate Customer requirements into planned activities. Ability to work independently under supervision of others.Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing a Quality Plan, based on the contract requirements and contract deliverables.
- Responsible for assisting with quality system development and supporting product quality improvement initiatives using programs such as 6 Sigma/Lean, SPC, FMEA, Process capability and ISO Quality Management systems.
- Responsible for developing working knowledge of computer programs used for supporting function and the IPT.
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others.
- Ability to influence the IPT towards a preventive, quality oriented culture from design throughout the life of the product.
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required.
- Provides technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials.
- Assist with documenting component and subsystem specifications and material requirements.
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Assists in resolving customer quality issues.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to IPT team members, and support personnel.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Experienced with ISO Standards, Six Sigma tools, statistics
- Expected to have knowledge and experience in multiple engineering disciplines.
- ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blueprints
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Strong knowledge of ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools – greenbelt preferred.
- Ability to read/understand blueprints and military specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to define problems and understands root cause analysis.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website