LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
Responsible for coordinating with suppliers, quality peer and engineers to detect, resolve and prevent non-conforming material and ensuring quality product is shipped to our customers. Verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of our customers. Develop, maintain and deploy supplier quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into quality components delivered on time. The position may require travel and support at suppliers/customers across the United States.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Experienced with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- Technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred Experience
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blueprints
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
- Automotive industry experience (familier with APQP, PAPP and FMEA).
- Ability to perform internal audits.
- Understanding of basic Reliability Engineering concepts and functions.
- Understanding of concepts of failure analyses.
- Familiarity with various mechanical inspection techniques.
- ASQ training/certification in Quality and Reliability Engineering
- Familiar with requirements for a Quality Management System (ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO/TS 16949)
- Experience with embedded military products and automated test equipment, along with on and off vehicle platform testing and verification activities
- Responsible for serving as technical liaison between supply chain, suppliers and the design team
- Leads on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier/internal corrective actions
- Provides support in resolving supplier quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Performs on-going surveillance of supplier's conformance to DRS Technologies requirement documents and provide written weekly reports.
- Ensures supplier contract/customer flow-down requirements are implemented and verified
- Provides technical liaison support related to design and quality engineering matters.
- Participates in product quality improvement teams, Material Review Boards and Failure Review Boards. Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming material
- Provides technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, specifying appropriate sampling plans, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials
- Prepare PPAP, APQP, PSW reports.
- Work the DFMEA/PFMEA processes with the engineering and ops team.
- Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website