ob Title: Quality Inspector
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Danbury, CT
Performs incoming and in-process inspection activities. Assess product acceptance to ensure conformance to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs visual inspection of circuit card assembly in accordance with IPC-A-610 to detect defects, such as shorts, breaks, excess or missing solder, scratches, cracks, etc., using light table, eye loupe, magnifier, or microscope.
- Performs complex inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
- Inspects products, components, subassemblies, soldered electronic, cables and harnesses, weldments and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
- Supports Quality Engineers with identifying nonconforming conditions that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
- Aids with data collection and root cause analysis investigations
- Generate discrepancy reports and initiate Material Review Board actions
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
- Specializes in circuit card assembly inspection
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions as well as present information in both verbal and written form
- A High School diploma plus either:
- Four years of related experience in quality inspection; or
- Four years of related experience in circuit card assembly or inspection
- In-depth understanding of IPC-A-610, Acceptance of Electronic Assemblies
- Knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620, Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies. Common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
- Ability to use magnification equipment (eye loupe, microscope, digital equipment) to verify visual compliance
- Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc.) to verify mechanical part compliance
- Experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
- Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Optical comparator or other complex inspection systems is desired
- Excellent organizational skills, and knowledge of internal quality procedures related to inspection processes.
- Ability to professionally interface with various plant personnel and government employees.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use internal computer systems and programs
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance within a time period to be established by the Company
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MS #NPS
Apply on company website