<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Leonardo DRS<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.Job Summary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
- Follow written work instructions.
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follow written work instructions
- Work under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs
- May perform more detailed tasks requiring deeper knowledge and experience in the specified processes and procedures
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Able to effectively communicate with other functional departments, such as Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales departments
- Resolve most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate good decision making ability
- Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Proper use of required PPE
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Perform advanced-level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical, harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
- Interpret blueprints, Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in dept
- If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points - 3 points in-process - 3 points final - 4 points source
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in specialty area e.g. welding, tool making
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">DRS Technologies, Inc<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website