LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
As an Senior Electrical Engineer you will design and oversee the manufacture of electrical circuits and circuit cards while interfacing with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including integrated circuit design, test engineering, software engineering, mechanical design, and system design.
The candidate will work directly within the Electrical Engineering CCA team in order to research and develop electrical engineering designs, perform integration, and conduct test activities for infrared sensor systemsBasic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Certifications are a plus
- 5+ years
- Basic Microsoft application skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer
- Must be diligent, hardworking, and quick to learn
- Good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Good communicator with data analysis, documentation, and presentation skills
- Self-driven with ability to prioritize tasks and to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment and guide others
- Experience designing circuit card assemblies
- Experience with schematic capture tools (Cadence, Mentor, Altium, other)
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience with integration and test (validation and verification) of circuit card assemblies in new products
- Familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, digital multimeters, and similar lab test and debug equipment
- Proven capability executing complex designs in a timely manner
- Experience with electrical design tools including Cadence Allegro or similar PCB design tools
- Coding experience (C/C++ / MATLAB), preferred
- Hands-on soldering and assembly, preferred
- Circuit card design including requirements definition, components selection, schematic capture, printed circuit board (PCB) layout, circuit card assembly (CCA) verification testing and troubleshooting/debug, and documentation
- Create design review materials and execute detailed design review presentations with technical peers, management, and customers
- Design, integration, and test of complex analog and digital circuits including digital signal processing
- Verification of system level requirements
- Complete assigned tasks on time
- Gather and analyze data for data-driven decision making / conduct trade-studies
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to build a good network
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website