Job ID: 99768
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.Job Summary
The Senior Hardware Test Engineer will perform requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, verification, and validation for automated test equipment, manual test program sets, as well as embedded diagnostic test applications. All candidates should have a solid understanding of electronics and software programming skills. Candidate must be an energetic, highly motivated individual with the ability to work off shift and weekend hours when testing is in progress if needed. THIS PARTICULAR POSITION REQUIRES EXTENSIVE KNOWELDGE OF AUTOMATED TESTING WITH NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS LABVIEW AND TESTSTAND.Job Responsibilities
- Experience developing automated test and measurement systems using National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
- Analyze embedded military instrumentation and control systems to determine appropriate qualification and test methods
- Design test environment including design or selection of test fixtures, test equipment, and components
- Write detailed test procedures
- Oversee execution of test strategies
- Perform qualification testing
- Create test summary reports on testing performed
- Revise all test documents as required to address all customer comments
- Provide Design for Testability input during designs reviews
- Provide training and support to Manufacturing Test
- Provide regular reporting of progress and status
- Ability to work with little supervision and to work cooperatively with all personnel in the organization
- Responsible for completion of assigned tasks on time and on budget while meeting technical requirements
- Communicate clearly in all forms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Custom hardware and software design skills a plus, including test fixtures, cable assemblies, and enclosures
- Strong hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Must be able to analyze complex embedded systems and create comprehensive test plans
- Demonstration of proactive ownership of issues and problems
- Ability to multitask and keep several projects on task and on budget simultaneously
- Knowledge of military specifications
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related technical fields.
- 5+ years experience in Test Engineering. Master of Science degree a plus.
- 3+ years in development of automated test systems based on National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance within a time period to be established by the Company.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. This position may require frequent sitting, standing and/or walking.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MS #NPS
Apply on company website