<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">www.leonardodrs.com<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Location
Dallas, TexasJob Summary
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS NIS – Texas is seeking a process engineering technician who will be responsible for supporting processes used to manufacture IR materials. Responsibilities will include process and equipment validation, material disposition, process development, and process troubleshooting. This position is critical to success of DRS IR imaging products.Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Diagnose cause of electrical, optical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance
- Modify complex electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Operate various types of manufacturing, material growth reactors and or process equipment to conduct complex experiments or to grow custom materials
- Provide engineering technical support to Manufacturing personnel and processes.
- Evaluate non-conforming material for disposition utilizing microscope inspection, various measurement instruments (thickness, flatness, surface finish, etc…), and visual observations
- Recognize, communicate, and respond to process deviations and help identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and evaluate possible solutions.
- Process material for engineering tests using various semiconductor material process equipment.
- Create, edit, and review process recipes on process equipment.
- Interpret Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 5+ Years
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Office.
- Ability and desire to perform hands-on activities including material processing and equipment set up.
- Able to work in class 100 cleanroom environment.
- Able to perform inspections or analysis with laboratory microscope.
- Able to safely work with flammable, corrosive, and caustic chemicals.
- Ability to safely mix chemical solutions to specified proportions.
- Detailed understanding of equipment and processes utilized in fabricating semiconductor materials.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Lifting – Ability to lift 25 lbs. occasionally (less than 5% per week)
- Stooping, Kneeling- Ability to stoop or kneel while assembling or troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment occasionally. (less than 5% per week)
- Light Manufacturing environment
- Class 100 clean room
- This is a 3rd shift position
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website