Job ID: 104372
The Leonardo DRS Naval Electronics business provides leading naval computing infrastructure, network and data distribution and middleware enterprise services, as well as world-class manufacturing and support capabilities.Job Summary
Provide leadership for the financial and program analysis management functions of the companyJob Responsibilities
- Ensure soundness of analysis, good business judgment, compliance with policies and procedures, adequacy of results and that all costs and reasonable fees have been provided for
- Obtain agreement on previously determined goals and objectives through negotiation, persuasion and advocacy
- Establish, develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers
- Support negotiations with the government, industry prime contractors and foreign customers
- Conduct difficult analytical studies, monitor trends and be able to accurately interpret the results
- Support of government compliance and audit activities
- Understand standards of conduct to include: conflicts of interests; improper practices; liability and fraud
- Understand contract design and structure to include: FFP; CPIF; CPFF; CPAF; BOA; IDIQ; Foreign Military Sale (FMS); and International Direct Commercial Sale (DCS), and, competitive and sole source procurements
- Strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles and an in-depth working knowledge of the cost accounting standards (CAS) and IFRS
- Participate in acquisition planning strategies including: the definition of contract requirements and risks, and, market research
- Support proposal preparations including: bid/no-bid requirements; cost estimating; pricing; RFP review; risk mitigation; and negotiation
- Understand source selection evaluation process to include cost and price analysis, discussions, debriefings and protest
- Program and finance: Basis of Estimate (BOE) preparation; budget preparation, reporting and management; cost & variance analysis; Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); estimate at completion (EAC); cash management/working capital; forecasting; contractual reporting (CDRL, EVM, cost and pricing, C/SSR); risk management; return on investment (ROI); audit preparation and management; and program review preparation
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Maximize IT utilization through electronic commerce and ERP/Oracle implementation
- Provide claims and litigation support involving ASBCA and USCFC
- General business operations knowledge to include: management principles; business development; HR; operations; finance; accounting; economics; and information technology
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field and at least seven years of progressive experience in a government-manufacturing environment.
- MA, MS and/or professional certification is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, CAS, and SOX
- Contract compliance knowledge
- Developing leadership skills
- Understand financial analysis principles and have financial analysis skills
- Ability to mentor junior staff members
- Working knowledge of IR&D/B&P/direct sell and allowable vs. unallowable cost
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite , MS Project, Visio, Oracle, Pro Pricer)
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families, and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Leonardo DRS is taking action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website