LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
As a Sr Systems Engineer at Leonardo DRS you will be responsible for the design, integration and validation/verification of EO/IR sensor systems for complex military applications. A successful candidate must be able to provide overall Systems Engineering and technical leadership to a cross-functional team in the execution of these activities.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years Systems Engineering experience encompassing requirements development, systems design and analysis, systems integration, and product verification and validation
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to plan activities and drive a team for results
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment
- Experience executing EMD and LRIP phases of DoD programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral
- Experience with DOORS
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance
- A Master's Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Experience with EO/IR technology and products
- Experience designing, building, and testing EO/IR systems
- Experience in modeling and simulation of systems
- Previous experience as a systems Design Engineer or Systems Analyst
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with formal software development and test activities and processes
- Experience developing systems to meet, and performing formal verification against, military environmental requirements (MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, etc.)
- Experience with failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Gather and analyze data to establish system requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon customer needs
- Work with the Project Manager, Project Controls, other Systems Engineering disciplines, Design Engineering, Quality, Operations and Supply Chain in an Integrated Project Team organizational framework to successfully execute the complete product development lifecycle from product inception to disposal
- Perform effective risk management
- Create technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs and other systems integration related documents, including Systems Engineering Plans and Interface Control Documents
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based on system requirements
- Provide customer post-acceptance product installation and integration support
- Perform as the project Systems Engineering subject matter expert with regard to Systems Engineering process, ensure good Systems Engineering process is implemented in all product development activities
- Work closely with Design Engineering project team members to ensure that all external and internal hardware, software, and human factors interfaces are defined, and that all design risks are managed
- Execute other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website