Job ID: 99731
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.Job Summary
Seeking an experienced System Safety Engineer with expertise in executing a risk management strategy based on the identification and analysis of hazards and application of remedial controls using a systems-based approach. The candidate must have the ability to apply scientific, technical, and managerial skills to hazard identification, hazard analysis, and to the elimination, control, or management of hazards throughout the life cycle of a system.Job Responsibilities
- Support system safety programs on complex systems development contracts. Tasks include preparation and maintenance of a Hazard Tracking System, System Safety Management Plan, and System Safety Program Plan, and support of the System Safety Working Group charter.
- Participate as needed in engineering meetings and program reviews, including Integrated Product Teams, Working Groups, Configuration Control Boards, and/or Milestone Reviews. Tasks can include safety approval or endorsement of Engineering Change Proposals, Change Notices, Mishap Reports, and/or Requests for Deviation/Waiver.
- Assess system risks to personnel, equipment or environment. Tasks include Preliminary Hazard List, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Requirements Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Health Hazard Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Evaluate compliance to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)/Executive Order 12114, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 CFR 1910, and/or software implementation guide (e.g. Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook).
- Be able to work independently, regularly reporting progress and status.
- Responsible for completion of activities on time and budget.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Some travel may be required.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical field, and a minimum of 5 years of system safety engineering experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational traits to develop system safety skillset and effectively support the customer.
- Proficient in technical writing to assist with the preparation of reports of complex systems.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance, if required.
- Understand risk assessment terminology, MIL STD 882E System Safety methodology, and a working familiarization with MIL STD 1472G.
- System-specific knowledge in one or more of these areas: defense systems, explosives safety, electromagnetic radiation, laser safety, or software safety. #LSY
Apply on company website