Job ID: 101237
Job Title: Sr. Digital Hardware/FPGA Engineer
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Leonardo DRS is a prime contractor, leading technology innovator and supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and defense contractors worldwide. The company specializes in naval and maritime systems, ground combat mission command and network computing, global satellite communications and network infrastructure, avionics systems, and intelligence and security solutions. Additionally, the company builds power systems and electro-optical/infrared systems for a wide range of commercial customers. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Leonardo DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Signal Solutions, Inc. specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.Job Summary
The Sr Digital Hardware/FPGA Engineer will design, develop, analyze, verify, and validate digital electronic products, systems and subsystems including signal and radar processing systems, network communications, electronic warfare systems, and air combat systems.Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, analyze, verify, and validate digital electronic products, systems and subsystems including signal and radar processing systems, network communications, electronic warfare systems, and air combat systems
- Responsible for some aspects of requirement decomposition/definition/clarification, system design, system verification, associated documentation for digital electronics development, design revision control, and archival of design files
- Participate in the generation of test and verification plans establishing functional criteria to ensure requirements are correctly implemented
- Participate in the execution of verification plans and assist in development unit and system testing
- Participate in BD (Business Development) activities, including providing inputs to RFPs (Request for Proposals) and RFQs (Request for Quotes)
- Expected to lead a small group of engineers on technical activities, assuring completion of tasks on time and budget
- FPGA digital logic design, System Simulation, Synthesis, Resource and Power Utilization analysis, Place and Route, Timing analysis, Verification, and Integration activities
- Implement high speed interface designs, low power architectures, embedded micro-processing systems, and complex memory designs, including protocols such as DDR, 10G/40G/100G Ethernet, Aurora, and PCIe in networking applications
- Implement novel DSP algorithms efficiently into FPGA structures
- Generate and execute constraint driven synthesis and timing closure techniques
- Design, build, and test of cutting edge devices containing both digital and optical hardware
- Manage bill of materials (BOMs), costs, and schedules
- Contribute to digital hardware requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. signal integrity, power, etc.), interface analysis and definition for the design
- Contribute to the integration and verification of digital components, equipment, and systems for major programs and projects
- Involved in troubleshooting and design updates of existing
- College degree(s) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related specialized area is required (or equivalent experience) with several years of relevant experience in the field
- BS and 5+ years experience OR MS and 3+ years experience OR Ph.D. and 1+ year experience
- Fluency in digital technologies and application domain
- Ability to lead a small technical group independently
- Tools/Skills proficiencies required:
- Schematic capture and leading a PWB/PCB design through layout, fabrication, and assembly
- Knowledge of high-speed serial and parallel interfaces such as 40GBASE-KR4/SR4, 100GBASE-SR4/KR4/2, PCIe, DDR4, USB, SERDES, etc.
- Knowledge of lab practices and test using high speed measurement instruments such as VNAs, oscilloscopes, BERTs and TDR/TDTs
- VHDL, with some familiarity with Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Various scripting languages and approaches such as tcl, bash, perl, etc.
- Mentor Graphics Questa or ModelSim simulation/verification tools, with some familiarity with constrained random verification approaches
- Subversion, CVS, GIT, or similar
- Xilinx Vivado, Intel Questa, Microsemi Libero SoC, etc.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website