LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
This individual will lead the architecture and development of a new embedded Software platform for Electro Optics and Imaging systems. In this role, you will interface with some of the most respected scientists and engineers in the industry to continue in the pursuit of technical excellence and market dominance. Strong background in embedded product development utilizing modern system-on-chip platforms is require. You will be responsible for leading the efforts to utilize modern platforms to enable high performance, low power systems that provide image processing, artificial intelligence, and rich interface capabilities.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering with 10+ years of experience
- 10+ years of experience developing embedded software in C or C++
- 10+ years of experience developing applications for devices running on embedded Linux, or Unix-like microkernel-based operating systems.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded systems
- 3+ years of experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, SPI, etc.) preferably on Linux.
- Experienced with video and image processing
- Demonstrated ability to execute group and customer presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency recruiting technical talent and building efficient development teams
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools, including the use of Excel, Project, and PowerPoint to organize complex data for communication and analysis
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently
- Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Ability to lead major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer partner status.
- Be a key member of the new business capture team.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary. Responsible for higher-level product line architecture, and providing guidance and oversight to multiple development teams working on different products or technologies to ensure the technologies interoperate or connect to each other appropriately.
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Actively support pursuit of new business by developing and presenting new concepts, technologies or applications as part of Business Development and Program Management team.
- Develop trusted engineering contacts with the customer. Become a part of the customer's design team, looking out for their best interests
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Participate heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website