Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Dayton, OH designs, develops and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide.
Job Title: Subcontracts Manager
Job Location: Dayton, OHJob Summary Job Responsibilities
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the sourcing of complex material and services (i.e., engineering development programs) in support of multiple contract types
- Lead activities of subcontract teams on assigned programs
- Ensure products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost and schedule objectives in accordance with program and company requirements.
- Review requirement document (i.e., statement of work and specifications) for clarity and adequacy, and obtain necessary revisions from the program management
- Identify potential sources for required materials, develop and issue requests for proposals. Respond to supplier inquiries
- Receive and review supplier proposals. Lead proposal evaluation teams through a supplier selection process after a technical evaluation and cost/price analysis are complete
- Negotiate subcontract terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Negotiate required special terms. Ensure independent price/cost analyses are performed as needed. Document the entire fact-finding and negotiation process
- Develop the subcontract document, ensuring it complies with Government, Corporate and Company requirements. Obtain management approval prior to issuance to the subcontractor
- Participate in subcontractor surveys and program reviews
- Review and monitor payments, commitments and funds status
- Negotiate subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues
- Provide subcontract status as required
- Negotiate and issue teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memoranda of understanding
- Participate in cross function design reviews and sign offs with project team and supplier
- Close out subcontracts upon receipt of all deliverable items and final payment
- Provide subcontract advice to program managers, engineering personnel, and other related functions such as finance, quality, and contracts administration, and performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex contracts
- Expert knowledge of procurement regulations (UCC, FAR, DFAR) required
- Knowledge of international contracts, including experience with international tenders, letters of credit, and contracting in a variety of cultures is highly desirable
- Must have a good understanding of ITAR laws and requirements
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website