Job ID: 106447
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.Job Summary
DRS NPS has an immediate need for an experienced Subcontracts Manager in support of a complex initial production program for the US Government. Attention to detail, experience with FAR/DFAR/CPSR, self-motivation, self-direction, and a strong leadership drive are required.
• Ensuring subcontracts are fully compliant to policies and procedures as well as US government regulations, such as FAR/DFARs/CPSR, etc.
• Ensuring subcontractor performance meets all contractual requirements
• Developing detailed risk mitigation plans for high risk suppliers
• Overseeing the planning, release, and management of all aspects of a subcontract
• Developing and managing both tactical and strategic relationships with subcontractors
• Leading or facilitating material acquisition strategies that span all phases of life cycle from concept to delivery of final system and post-delivery support
• Developing and leading negotiation strategies supporting program proposals, BOEs, negotiations, and customer reviews
• Identifying supplier risk and opportunities to achieve program level objectives.
• Develop and/or reviews subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the sourcing of complex material and services (i.e., engineering development programs) in support of multiple contract types. Ensures documents are clear and adequate.
• Ability to work with little direction/oversite at times and delivery a quality product
• Ability to quickly shift focus to support emergent customer or business needs
• Ability to handle manage through rapid program changes
• Ensures products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost, and schedule objectives in accordance with program and company requirements.
• Review requirement documents (i.e., statement of work and specifications) for clarity and adequacy, and obtains necessary revisions from the program management
• Identifies potential sources for required materials, develop and issues requests for proposals, Rresponds to supplier inquiries
• Leads proposal evaluation teams through a supplier selection process including a technical evaluation and cost/price analysis.
• Negotiates subcontract terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Negotiates required special terms.
• Ensures independent price/cost analyses are performed as needed. Documents the entire fact-finding and negotiation process.
• Develops the subcontract document, ensuring it complies with Government, Corporate and Local requirements.
• Leads subcontractor surveys and program reviews
• Negotiates subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues
• Provides subcontract status as required
• Negotiates and issues teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memoranda of understanding
• Participates in cross function reviews with project team and supplier
• Closes out subcontracts upon receipt of all deliverable items and final payment
• Provides subcontract advice to program managers, engineering personnel, and other related functions such as finance, quality, and contracts administration, and performs other duties and responsibilities as required
• Supports, communicates and defends the mission, values and culture of the company
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 7 years of related experience
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex contracts
• Expert knowledge of procurement regulations (UCC, FAR, DFAR) required
• Knowledge of international contracts, including experience with international tenders, letters of credit, and contracting in a variety of cultures is highly desirable
• Must have a good understanding of ITAR laws and requirements
• US citizenship required
• Experience within Marine or Defense procurements subject to FAR/DFAR regulations
• Experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, Price Analysis, Cost Analysis, Long Term Agreements, Proposals, exceptions to Terms and Conditions, Fixed Price and Cost Type Subcontracts, Negotiation of Price and other business terms
• Experience interacting with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership and managing cross function teams
• Experience in reviewing comprehensive Statements of Work (SOW)
• SBLO experience a plus
• Experience developing/training CPSR procedures is a plus
• Questioning mindset
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website