The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job Summary
Work closely with, learn from, and assist software engineers in the development of various engineering assignments related to state-of-the-art products by executing SW design, coding, and documentation tasks, and assist in the testing of software within finished products, systems or subsystems. This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Carry out basic SW engineering tasks that will help in understanding SW development procedures and product development while learning new SW engineering skills.
- Conduct limited scope development and/or testing under the supervision of other SW engineers
- Complete assigned tasks on time, while developing skills that allow for more autonomy.
- You may be called upon to help in investigations needed to solve SW or HW problems by leveraging your strengths in software development and debugging skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to build a good network
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Learn, support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a 4 year Software or Electrical Engineering program.
- At least 2 years of college completed with 3.0 GPA or better.
- Experience with Linux and Python preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems using your natural curiosity.
- Work effectively as a member of a team or on individual tasks.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website