Job ID: 100238
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job Summary Job Responsibilities
- Perform electro-mechanical assembly, disassembly and rework. Some test and repair of various electronic products and mechanical assemblies
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Provide routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsibilities may include testing, modifying, reworking, repairing, and building electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies.
- Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and/or test prototype assemblies and production units
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to read, and possibly develop, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II Qualifications
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Soldering and wire bonding experience a plus.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview.
- Experience with MRP a plus.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website