Job Title: Test Technician
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Danbury, CT
Provide technical support to engineers and production on performing evaluations and repairs to printed circuit boards, processes and or test equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for testing, modifying, reworking, and repairing printed circuit boards down to the component.
- Work from moderately complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and test prototype assemblies and production units
- Use judgment in re-working or re-wiring to bring unit within quality control specifications
- Works under minimal supervision and may provide guidance to other technicians
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- May assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Meet Production Budgets
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing schedule demands.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Soldering and wire bonding experience a plus
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview
- Must have good mechanical skills
- Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MS #NPS
Apply on company website