DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
***Position will be primarily dayshift working 7am-7pm with one night shift and rotating weekends***
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer. Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility!
At HCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment assistance up to $150 a month
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated RN like you to be a part of our team.
Job Duties Include:
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and all aspects of the health care team. Effectively promotes and enforces customer service standards for all departments. Supports department directors with staff and provides nursing department directors feedback regarding staff performance and/or problems.
- Maintains accurate staffing and census reports.
- Acts as in-house resource for staff, patients, visitors, and physicians. In role as resource to staff, gives special attention to employees in their orientation period in order to assist with establishing their competency.
- Assists units and families with patient deaths.
- Responds to potential and/or actual emergency situations with direct and appropriate actions. (i.e. RRT, Code Blue, Code Sespis, MEWS & PEWS Trauma Alerts)
- Works with the Transfer Center to obtain and communicate bed assignments. Coordinates transportation to units for transfers and/or admissions.
- Communicates with peers, nurse managers, and others to exchange feedback on service issues and to solve problems, including patient and physician complaints.
- Demonstrates ability in using hospital information systems including on-line forms required for position including notifications, code critique, chart review as needed.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Assists with the orientation of new hires including new shift administrators as needed.
- Assures management of other specific routines including responding to unit requests for pharmaceuticals after hours following established procedures; notifying all personnel and coordinating posting of OR cases after hours; assisting with stat c-sections or set up of NICU services after hours.
- Regularly rounds on units and in patient areas to interact with patients, families, and visitors to identify opportunity to improve the patient experience.
Required – Two years experience as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated proficiency in customer services, leadership and management skills.
Preferred - Five years clinical experience with critical care experience and experience in a management role.EDUCATION
Required - Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia.CERTIFICATION:
Required – Currently licenced in Virginia by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA.
ACLS within 90 days of starting.
PALSPreferred – Professional Organization Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website