Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At LewisGale Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a RN Medical ICU to join our healthcare family.Benefits
LewisGale Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At LewisGale Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Medical ICU opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced ICU Registered Nurse for our hospital to ensure that we deliver exceptional care to our critically ill patients. Our Medical ICU is a stroke-designated unit within LewisGale Medical Center. This unit is one of three of our board-certified, multidisciplinary teams of specialists that offer compassionate care for our ICU patients. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
· As a member of our team, you will be accountable for essential clinical knowledge that will positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
· You will display your strong and accurate clinical judgment and expert-nursing skills while following company polices including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
· In collaboration with your healthcare team, you will report critical information or change in condition of patients.
· You will provide comfort and prevent suffering through presence and attentiveness that would include pain assessment and reassessment.
· As a Registered Nurse in this unit, you will document effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
·In order to provide a great patient experience, you will collaborate with patients, families, and the healthcare team to coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
What qualifications you will need:
• Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
• BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
• Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1909. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 500+ bed hospital is one of the leading acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize in heart and vascular care—including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center—as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Medical ICU opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website