Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Scrub Technician for our Labor & Delivery Department to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Scrubs cases as it relates to the unit scope of care.
- Dons appropriate attire required by hospital and OSHA policies.
- Able to create and maintain a sterile field. Able to scrub routine cases with no assistance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical anatomy and understanding of instrumentation and procedures.
- Does not divert attention from the operative field.
- Able to anticipate basic needs of surgeon/assistant. Able to anticipate when to initiate closing counts.
- Labels all medications on the sterile field. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of instrumentation/sequence of procedure.
- Able to scrub independently on small to moderate and specialty cases. Able to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with circulating duties. Shows knowledge of circulating components/responsibilities as evidenced by completion of skills checklist. Able to assist primary circulator in his/her role.
- Able to place cautery dispersive electrode on appropriate body parts knowing to check bony prominences; and for metal implants/assess need for shaving at bovie sight.
- Applies principles of standard and transmission based precautions. Helps maintain a safe environment for personnel and patients.
- Assists primary circulator to ensure smooth flow in the O.R. Obtains needed medications from drug cart and pharmacy for circulator. Able to assist the primary circulator with little or no prompting and attends to needs of other staff members, anesthesia, surgeon and patient.
- Assumes responsibility to check the following cases of the day for accuracy and location of needed instrumentation.
- Exercises sound judgement and decision-making skills on behalf of patient, self, and peers.
- Able to identify potential problems and critical situations involving staff and visitors.
- Completes skills checklist. Skills checklist is up-to-date.
- Volunteers to stay late to finish cases or do cases, which are rarely seen.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and/or professional growth.
- Maintains current BLS for Healthcare Provider training. Completes mandatory education requirements. Attends all in-services/ staff meetings on scheduled workdays. Reviews minutes of meetings held on non-scheduled days. Keeps skills checklist up-to-date.
- Communicates effectively with staffs, peers, physicians, and other departments.
- Maintains open communication to all team members and other hospital personnel. Communicates in a positive manner. Utilizes appropriate channels of communication. Communicates accurate and appropriate information concerning patient's needs. Is customer service oriented and strives to meet high standards of nursing care. Identifies and assists in departmental issues. Is consistently positive, no matter what the situation. Is a role model to peers. Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and professional attitude at all times when relating with patient, families and co-workers. O
- Organizes work to complete duties efficiently and effectively.
- Strives to facilitate rapid turnovers between cases. Uses “discretionary time” to increase knowledge of equipment or procedures.
- Restocks assigned room before end of shift.
- Independently seeks out additional assignments, assisting staff in rooms – second circulating; stocking rooms for others.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
- Able to share knowledge with other staff members. Able to identify conflicts with staff, preceptor or surgeon. Able to be flexible in response to changes in assignments/course of day etc. Is available and accessible when on duty and on call (be at the hospital in 30 minutes or less. Assists others with minimal direction. Volunteers to work beyond shift to finish cases. Promotes a pleasant and harmonious working relationship in the operating room.
- Reports for duty as scheduled and on time. Adheres to Hospital & Department dress codes. Adheres to hospital parking policy. Respects patients' rights to confidentiality. Understands and supports the philosophy, purposes, policies, & procedures and standards of the hospital and the department. Adheres to JCAHO and OSHA regulatory standards. Assist with development of new policies and procedures. Encourage other to comply with regulatory requirements. Has plan of action to meet goals.
- Work related experience (preferred)
- Graduate of Surgical Technology Program or comparable experience in a surgical setting (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider upon hire (required)
- Surgical Technology Certification (preferred)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website