Full Time - Hours
Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 557-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina's first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center and more than 70 physician practices.Job Summary
Central Supply Technician position requires an individual who has strong customer services skills, ability to communicate with a clinical team in a fast pace environment. Candidates should have a track record of being detail orientated and the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills. Responsible for accurately providing requested supplies, filling stock requests, working with outside vendors for rental equipment, utilizing inventory systems to charge patients supplies, performing inventory functions for supply areas to meet department requirements and accountable for accurately preparing and documenting lifesaving specialty code carts and boxes utilized for patient care within the hospital. A clear understanding of the proper way of cleaning and sanitizing hospital equipment properly according to infection control standards. This position will inspect, receive and distribute supplies, linen, and equipment throughout the hospital. Distributes supply and equipment flow throughout the hospital, prioritizing STAT and routine delivery schedules.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 6 Months Working in a Hospital's Supply Chain or Materials Management Department
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): In lieu of 6 Months Working in a Hospital's Supply Chain or Materials Management Department, will consider either of the following:
1 Year Directly of Related Experience with Inventory Management (such as supply distribution, ordering, and inventory);
An Associate's Degree in a Supply Chain Management Field;
At least 1 Year of Experience that Demonstrated Aptitude for Supply Chain Management and Successful Performance in an LMC Position (To be Reviewed by Department Leadership).
Required Certifications/Licensure: None.
Required Training: Basic computer skills, knowledge of office equipment, knowledge of supply chain computer software and operations, medical product and terminology knowledge, inventory control principals, understanding of item identification information (catalog #s, Lot #s, expiration dates), and principals of equipment sanitation.
- Documenting supply requisition records from clinical areas.
- Documenting and labeling products that are deemed as chargeable by the Lexington Medical Center's charge master; decreasing lost charges.
- Preparation and cleaning of reusable supplies/products.
- Performing functional and safety inspections for emergency carts.
- Utilize computerized system to expense departments and charge patients for supplies.
- Maintains supply levels and performs proper stock rotation using first-in, first-out principle.
- Maintains proper allocation of all CS rental equipment.
- Must be able to respond to all stat supply requests in an expedient and accurate manner.
- Answers the telephone, tracks all equipment throughout the hospital.
- Prepares, stores and issue sterile and other medical supplies with crash carts, urology carts, and respiratory boxes with appropriate supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website