Full Time - 40 Hours
Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 557-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina's first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center and more than 70 physician practices.Job Summary
Under general supervision, performs varied Health Information Management clerical and related administrative functions. Assists physicians and other care providers in the completion of medical record documentation. Provides answers and guidance to patients, hospital staff, law firms, insurance companies, etc. regarding requests for health information and appropriate access to medical records. Maintains patient confidentiality and security of restricted patient information. Utilizes the electronic health record to perform most job functions.Minimum Qualifications
•Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
•Minimum Years of Experience: None
•Substitutable Education & Experience: None
•Required Certifications/Licensure: None
•Required Training: Demonstrated computer skills and performs accurate data entry;
Experience in working with medical information.
- Professionally answer incoming calls and respond to questions regarding health information and appropriate access to medical records.
- Pick up charts from all appropriate units and departments.
- Scan patient records into document imaging system. Conduct review activities to ensure high quality scanning and re-scanning documents when required.
- Electronically index scanned information and process batch scanning to the appropriate categories in each patient's account.
- Assist physicians and other care providers, as needed, with “how to” questions and inquiries as it relates to the EHR system.
- Appropriately process paper-based records for archiving.
- Pull archived medical records for internal and external audits.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, when requested.
- Assist with special projects and other duties, as requested/required.
- Assist with the training of students and new employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website