Full Time - Hours
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
This position requires an individual who has strong customer services skills, ability to communicate with a clinical team in a fast pace environment. Candidates should have a track record of being detail orientated and the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills. Responsible for accurately providing requested linen, filling stock linen requests, working with outside linen vendor for ordering linen, utilization of the linen inventory system, perform linen inventory functions for supply areas to meet department requirements utilized for patient care within the hospital. A clear understanding of the proper infection control standards for linen handling, storage and transporting. This position will inspect, receive and distribute linen throughout the hospital prioritizing STAT and routine delivery schedules.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 6 Months of Consecutive Work Experience with a Company in the Business/Service Related Industry
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: None.
Required Training: Basic computer skills, knowledge of office equipment, knowledge of supply chain computer software and operations, linen product knowledge, inventory control principals and customer service skills.
- Maintains Linen levels in department and performs proper stock rotation using first-in, first-out principle.
- Utilizes Linen computer software system to inventory linen carts, generate pick tickets for needed linen and replenish linen to the appropriate location.
- Must be able to respond to all stat supply requests in an expedient and accurate manner.
- Able to deliver large amounts of linen throughout the organization utilizing carts that maybe pushed and pulled long distances.
- Responsible for keeping the linen department, carts and equipment clean/neat and following infection control guidelines.
- Use department scale to weigh linen, record information and provide it for documentation.
- Able to review current inventory levels to generate a linen order from supplier for next business days.
- Understand and demon straights proper handling of linen to meet infection control standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website