Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Dietitian PRN with Lone Peak Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Lone Peak Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Lone Peak Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Dietitian PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Dietitian at our facility you will have the opportunity to be both a nutrition professional and a caregiver, leading a hard-working and compassionate team that is so vital for the day-to-day functions of our hospital. In this role:
· You will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the patient nutrition needs according to physician diagnosis, developing nutrition plans and goals and periodic assessment of the effects of nutrition therapy.
· You will function as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team to screen newly admitted patients to identify those at nutritional risk.
· You will develop orientation, continuing education, knowledge, and skills as appropriate for patients of all ages.
· You will serve as an active member of the Dietary Services team, participating in daily rounds and providing nutrition education for fellow staff.
· You will monitor for food and drug interactions and provide nutrition-drug interrelationship information to physicians.
· You will assess patients for malnutrition related to abuse or neglect.
· You will communicate with patients and families, medical staff, nursing staff, and other health care professionals to assure patient care needs are met.
· State of Utah Dietitian license.
· Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nutrition and Food Science, Dietetics, or related field from an accredited college or university.
· Food Handlers Permit or ServSafe certification.
· American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
· At least one year of clinical experience preferred; preferably in a hospital setting.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Lone Peak Hospital is a 32 plus bed hospital on the Lone Peak Medical Campus, which has been built to meet healthcare needs of people in our community. Riding a substantial population jump of 70% over the last 20 years, our community and its residents are ready for our inpatient services that include obstetric care and surgery services. We have earned an “A” rating in Hospital Safety Grades (Leapfrog Group 2019) and 5-Star rating for Spinal Fusion Surgery (Healthgrades 2018-2019).
Lone Peak Hospital is located in the thriving modern-day community of Draper, UT that sits on the south end of Salt Lake Valley that includes pristine cycling, hiking and horseback trails; and close proximity to year-round, outdoor recreational activities like skiing, backpacking, hang gliding, rock climbing, wildlife viewing and fly fishing.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Lone Peak Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Dietitian PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website