Education and Experience Requirements:
Must be at least 21 years old. High school diploma or equivalent, and three (3) years corrections or related experience required, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must pass background check.
Report to the chief of security. Directly supervises the shift lieutenants. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in unit in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Assist the chief of security in planning, coordinating and supervising the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend department and personnel changes to the chief of security.
- Assist the chief of security in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies, procedures and programs affecting security.
- Assist the chief of security in overall supervision of correctional officers and inmates; schedule employees' and inmates' work and off-duty time; make recommendations for inmates being considered for inmates being considered for Trustee Status; assist in formulating security and work procedures.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates.
- Respond to facility emergencies.
- Read, review and properly apply information found n inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility . Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website