Salary: $47,000- 51,000
Do you love buying things and have an eye for detail? If so we are interesting in talking with you. The purchasing agent is responsible for planning and managing the purchasing of supplies and services and overseeing vendor contracts.
1. Provide supervision for purchasing through budget control and effective planning to maximize cost savings and efficiencies.
2. Prepare and administer all purchase order contracts, subcontracts, lease/rental agreements and consultant contracts for equipment, service, repairs, utilities and rehab work.
3. Establish and maintain a qualified vendor list annotated as to small, large or minority business; maintain an updated file on federal supply schedules and minority business vendors.
4. Ensure adherence to quality standards, required delivery schedules and contractual terms.
5. Coordinate with accounting department relative to accuracy of pricing data.
6. Conduct excess property screening activities.
7. Coordinate with other center staff pertaining to procurement matters.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business administration or associated field and two years related experience required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website