Reports to the vice president, regional operations. Directly supervises the deputy warden, administrative assistant, finance manager, and human resources manager and will be responsible for the overall management of the facility.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities of the facility.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel actions in accordance with the Decision Analysis Table.
- Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting finance, food service, health services, maintenance, human resources, security, classification, education and recreation. Ensure each policy and procedures are reviewed annually.
- Coordinate with vice president, regional operations on matters involving contract modification, future proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Review shift assignments for MTC security staff to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet requirements of facility procedures and post orders. Ensure proper number of custodial supervisors and officers for the security of detainee labor force on work assignments and/or residing in the main unit building; coordinate, plan, and direct placement of all personnel in the event of riots, escapes and other emergencies.
- Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC and state regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
- In conjunction with human resources manager and MTC corporate human resources, direct the imposition of staff disciplinary action according to MTC personnel policy and procedures.
- Direct preparation of work and other related reports on detainees for the classification committee and permanent record of detainees, showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects; direct inspections of living accommodations of detainees for proper sanitation, decide whether or not improvements are necessary and taking appropriate action where needed.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of buildings and permanent improvements of the facility; direct and approve requisitions, inventory and issuance of all facility supplies, material and equipment.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education, counseling or other related field, and ten (10) years' experience in corrections or related field with experience in the management of a correctional facility at the associate warden level or above. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by the senior vice president, corrections. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC's caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website