Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleAccount DirectorOverview
This is an extremely exciting time in the UK payments space. The industry is at a fascinating inflection point as we experience the convergence of multiple market dynamics including significant shifts in consumer expectations, the growth of fintechs, and regulation. By joining Mastercard's UK&I's Key Account Issuing team, the successful candidate will be part of and contribute to this unique and transformational period for the payments industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the relationship with one of Mastercard's most important issuing customers, managing a dedicated team to deliver against set objectives and the strategy of the customer. This individual will be responsible for:
- Understanding the customer's strategy, and articulating ways in which MasterCard can help them achieve their goals
- Manage a broad and involved customer relationship, coordinating activity across multiple stakeholders
- Bringing the customer thought leadership and insights, leveraging Mastercard's organisation to pull together relevant and compelling content
- Understanding relevant market trends, regulation, etc.
- Negotiating deals, and managing the account P&L
- Managing a small team to deliver best-in-class service, insights, products and value to the customer
- Engaging when required in operational activities, and dealing with escalations as needed
The role will be based in London.
All about you
- be an experienced retail banking or payments professional with a good understanding of the payments ecosystem, trends, landscape, economics and value chain (good awareness of digital payments and payment technologies will be a strong plus).
- Have a proven track record in leading high-profile strategic relationships, extensive account management experience, and must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and build effective value propositions.
- Be able to lead customer facing and internal meetings, engage all parties to get to the heart of issues and/or opportunities, and interact, influence and build consensus across a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Be capable of securing and coordinating indirect resources across Mastercard's matrix-based organisation – critical to the success of this role is ensuring you can source the support required to deliver to your customer. Similarly, be able to respectfully navigate the customer's large and complex organisation
- Have sound business judgment with proven financial acumen, analytical skills and negotiating experience. You will be comfortable delivering net revenue targets.
- Be an outstanding communicator, able to engage multiple different stakeholders. You'll be skilled at reading a room, and adjusting your message accordingly.
- Be a strong team player providing clear guidance and support to direct reports, and collaborating with stakeholders across Mastercard
- Have strong self-awareness, be open to different approaches and ideas, and be committed to challenge the status quo to deliver new business initiatives
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website