Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleApplication Security EngineerMastercard is seeking candidates to join our Application Security team in St. Louis, MO.
Mastercard is developing the next generation of applications and services to enable consumers and businesses to securely, efficiently, and intelligently conduct payment transactions, and is leveraging state-of-the-art cryptographic equipment to protect its assets.
Whether through traditional retail, mobile, or e-commerce, Mastercard innovation is leading the digital convergence of traditional and emerging payments technologies across a wide variety of new devices and services.
Can you demonstrate expertise in information security, and more specifically, with cryptography?
Can you advise development teams on how to implement securely cryptographic algorithms, and how to interface with an Hardware Security Module?
Can you manage the relationship with vendors, understanding market trends, and forecast impacts on the payment industry?
Can you navigate through the many security frameworks (PCI, FIPS, ISO) with respect to cryptographic standards?
Can you properly weight the pros and cons of implementing hardware cryptography, in order to help in the design of productive yet secure applications?
Assist in settling and maintaining a global strategy for cryptographic tools and devices, for both on-premises and cloud-based applications. Maintain relationship with security product vendors and partners, and follow closely product roadmaps, anticipate impacts on Mastercard infrastructure. Setup and maintain measurement processes. Review and model architectures and usage patterns for HSM consumption.
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems
• Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions, for both on-premises and in cloud environments
• Work closely with Hardware Security Module vendors to follow up on product lifecycle, product roadmap, new functionalities and issues.
• Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the cryptography, PKI and key management aspects of the SDLC including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CI/CD efforts
Liaise with vendors and follow products used by Mastercard, from inception to decommission.
Collaborate with operational teams to capture device performance information, in order to model product usage and reliability.
Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by worldwide teams
Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of key management and operation
Provide security advice in cryptography, including several of the following: encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
All About You
• Experience providing secure design advice for web-based environments and secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce including relevant practical experience
• Knowledge of cryptography, including several of the following: encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS, PKCS#11, HSMs
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
• Working knowledge and technical security experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, AIX, or Windows.
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website