We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleBusiness Operations ManagerOverview
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, often driven by regulatory action. It represents a massive change in the financial services markets. In Europe through PSD2, it is a now a reality; and around the world other markets are actively discussing the adoption of similar approaches.
Mastercard is developing a global Open Banking business to capitalise on this new, global market opportunity. In the long term this business is expected to be a very significant contributor to Mastercard's global revenues. Initially our sales focus is across Europe and we have launched our first product offerings – see www.mastercard.com/openbanking.
Mastercard has created and is running a successful Open Banking Business in Europe (particularly in the UK and Poland) and through acquisitions other parts of the globe. The Mastercard Open Banking European business is in the process of rapid regional expansion, through partner connectivity and through the process of integrating the MPS (Nets) Acquisition and continued growth. Due to this expansion in the region the need to have additional support in the Business Run and Support to ensure that the business remains stable during the rapid regional expansion.
The role of the Manager, Business Operations Open Banking is to support the Director, Business Operations in relation to co-ordinate the ongoing product enhancements and “run” aspects of this new business. Key responsibilities will include:
Live Service Support for OB Solutions
• Have a technical understanding of how our clients (TPPs) have implemented their solutions
• Understanding the OBIE and ASPSP notifications of changes and the impact this may have on our live clients
• Understanding the upcoming changes (incl breaking) we are planning and the impact on client implementations
• Handling technical client queries on the upcoming changes
• Managing day 2 elements of live clients:
• Amending / adding / deleting of URL/Is
• Certificate management (creating new SSA and implementing the new certs)
• Closing out Client tickets / PIR queries / Updates
• Adding new ASPSPs to existing TPPs
• Adding users for clients on the relevant Open Banking tools, i.e., RefAdmin Tool and MC Connect.
Manage and own the consolidation of reporting, system enhancements
• Owning and ensuring resolution on open tickets / PIR resolution
• Improving run processes and seeing them through (projects), particularly day 2 processes for once a client has gone live and ensuring the relevant updates are recorded in the relevant repositories used (Confluence/Teams)
• Mange Audit elements to obtain and maintain ISAE3k (or equivalent) accreditation
• Support in new process and enhancements
• Support in reports and dashboard preparation
• The management of Work Orders relating to client queries that require product enhancements and/or system changes
All about You
• Strong technical and process background
• Able to function in a highly matrix environment
• Experienced project and/or product manager, familiar with the demands of ongoing “run” of a live business founded on technology products and services
• Strong customer-centricity
• Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative, able and willing to share best practice and progress multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Highly organised, structured thinker with strong attention to detail
• Stakeholder management with the ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams and across different countries / cultures.
• A builder of bridges who can identify a route to a solution across a complex environment. A ‘can-do' and ‘will-do' attitude.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly explain complex topics
• Strong listening skills
• Strong presentation skills at all levels
• Ability to resolve challenges under time constraints
• In addition, the following, whilst not essential would be very desirable:
• Knowledge of Open Banking/PSD2 & APIs
• Literacy in banking, payments and technology industries
• Expertise in agile product development methodologies
• Change management experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website