We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Account ManagementDirector, Account Management
• The National Accounts organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
• As part of the National Accounts Team, our role is to be bold and innovative partners that win by leveraging the best of our combined assets. We should operate as one team as we develop and execute joint strategies driving innovative payment solutions to our customers that deliver a superior experience and meaningful value to our organizations.
• We are seeking experienced professionals with management consulting, technology sales, banking and/or payments experience that can bring a technical aptitude to strategic problem-solving to address customer challenges and opportunities and drive relationship growth and profitability. This position is ideal for someone who is a collaborative thought leader, has strong project management discipline, has experience deepening relationships, understands both the consumer and commercial cards space, its competitive landscape and operates proactively.
As an Account Manager, you will:
• Partner, lead and develop Mastercard's relationship with Wells Fargo & US Bank to achieve specific market share, volume, and revenue growth goals.
• Develop a deep understanding of Wells Fargo & US Bank's needs to create a comprehensive Account Plan.
• Deliver customized payment solutions and comprehensive consulting support, while leveraging Mastercard's strong brand, technology, operations and risk platforms to drive incremental value and bottom line results to Wells Fargo & US Bank.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews and annual planning session with Wells Fargo & US Bank senior management team.
• Successfully manage Wells Fargo & US Bank's performance, ensuring that all targets and other performance metrics are met.
All About You:
We are seeking candidates who can:
• Develop and manage strategic sales plans that best support customer needs while meeting Mastercard's business objectives.
• Develop strong customer relationships across levels and functions (particularly product, fraud, marketing, operations, strategy and information technology) and influence or change customer preference towards Mastercard as a strategic partner and solution provider.
• Understand business and market dynamics, Mastercard's product and service specifications and applications, and your customers' strategies and needs in order to identify opportunities and design tailored solutions which meet the customer's needs.
• Initiate high-level, interactive business conversations with key decision makers around new or emerging issuing opportunities with focus on bringing new revenue to Mastercard. Provide consultative industry and Mastercard insights.
• Converse and provide insightful viewpoints on Mastercard platforms, products and services, explain to customers how they can leverage Mastercard's offerings for their own business needs and communicate complex technological concepts with clarity and conviction.
• Keep pace with cutting edge technology trends and events that impact Mastercard's platforms, products and services, visualize the “big picture” and understand the interdependencies between related inputs and their implications on current and future business goals/outcomes.
• Negotiate contracts and execute and manage the customer contract agreement process.
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website