We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Product SpecialistRole:
New Payment Flows is a new team established in North America (NAM) to develop breakthrough business opportunities and bring them to market. Our focus is commercial payments – an area which is ripe for disruption, valued at ~$25 trillion in NAM alone. It represents an ideal opportunity to capitalize on both our recent acquisitions and the ongoing US and Canadian shift to real-time payments. Because of our unique mandate, our team's scope is broad and includes product strategy, product development, product go-to-market planning/execution, customer needs identification, and product sales.
The New Payments Flows team is looking for a Product Specialist who will focus on selling Mastercard Cross Border services into banks, processors and other strategic partners in the NAM region. The Product Specialist will partner with Account Teams to build a robust pipeline and partner with the Global and NAM Product teams to bring our cross-border solution to the NAM market.
Key activities include:
• Pipeline development and management of prospective customers through the sales journey
• Work with the account and product teams in the qualification and prioritization of pipeline and cross-sell opportunities
• Partner with account teams to execute sales opportunities, including identifying cross-border business owners within a customer organization, developing proposals and presentations and closing opportunities.
• Complete diagnosis of client's business needs and related requirements through data gathering, interviews, research, and revenue modeling. Validate customer opportunities through customer consultations.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on cross border payments and FX
• Partner closely with the product and account teams to design and execute the optimal sales approach
• Partner with Product Managers to ensure the sales strategy, materials and tools are created and relevant
• Partner with product team to develop and roll out a sales training program for the broader account management organization
• Partner with customer and product delivery teams to ensure excellent customer experience when onboarding to the solution
• Liaise with North America product teams on required functionality for customers to maximize sales opportunity
• Contribute to and validate product roadmap
All About You:
• Do you have experience in corporate payments and cross-border payments?
• Do you have experience with Treasury Services, Transaction Banking, Wholesale or Commercial Banking organizations?
• Do you have experience in technical sales or product manager for a complex payment product or service?
• Do you have a proven ability to manage complex sales processes with a wide range of prospects?
• Are you able to lead conversations at both a business and complex technical level?
• Payments knowledge – either at a service provider (bank, PSP fintech, payment network), or a user/customer (corporate)
• Effective Communications – story telling, visual presentation, thinking on your feet, handling customer objections and questions, managing the conversation
• Influencing/Value Selling – understanding prospect needs and how they define value, adapting your message to the audience, illustrating value over features
• Sales- scoping, qualification, proposal writing, presentations, closing and customer agreements
• Solutions Development – presenting solutions to solve real pain points, clearly communicating value, architecting a full solution
• Extensive Business Payments and Cross Border Payments experience
• Self-starter / motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
• Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
• Travel required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website