Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDirector, Solutions ArchitectureDo you like to contribute where cutting edge global scale system architecture, software development, data and enterprise systems and tools intersect? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques? If so, we would love to have you in our Solutions Architecture and Engineering team at Mastercard!
Mastercard's Payment Gateway Director of Solution Architecture provides strategic vision and builds and develops an exceptional team of Solution Architects. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
This person manages the team responsible for leading technical evaluation and validation of product and customers' needs to drive new functionality and expansion for existing customers. Partnering closely with product, sales and customer success teams, this leader will create strategies and operations to effectively and efficiently accelerate PGS's growth and improve engagement and customer experiences.
• Hire, mentor and develop exceptional team of solution architects
• Ability to lead a large, highly technical matrix organization. Strong understanding of app & data architectures
• SME in Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy and modernize applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
• Develop strategies and operations by aligning and articulating Mastercards Payment Gateway solution to deliver on specific requirements and problem statements
• Identify and lead initiatives and programs to establish and scale the organization and operations for future growth
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Partner with product, sales, regions and alliances teams to align on overall strategy and priorities and provide support for specific prospects, customers and partners
• Partner with product/sales leadership to align with and deliver to the product roadmap and strategies
• Partner with product, engineering, technology and service teams to provide feedback to improve products, services and value messaging based on experiences and continuous feedback
• Be a role model for Mastercards values and culture
• Demonstrated experience leading solution architect and/or solution engineering teams
• Experience building and leading team of thought leaders
• Demonstrated ability to build and improve strategies and operations to improve technical assessment processes and team enablement
• Prior experience in large scale (payment) companies or technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
• Identifying and partnering with Infrastructure teams and bizops teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
• Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
• Understanding of networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols
• Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools as well as agile and/or DevOps practices
• Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Experience selling technical solutions to technical staff, management and executive stakeholders
• Proven experience partnering with the broader organization (sales, channel, alliances, product and engineering, marketing and customer success)
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website