We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleEurope Product Management Senior SpecialistThe European Digital Issuing Team focuses on driving overall transaction volume and profitable revenue growth for MasterCard's issuing product portfolios. This group actively collaborates with internal teams across MasterCard, and external parties including customers (issuers), merchants, and new strategic alliance partners to build innovative product solutions focused on capturing current and future card spending volume.
The candidate will have responsibility for product development and management for the Europe and will play a lead role in setting the growth strategy and developing an innovation agenda, in line with MasterCard's Europe and Global strategy.
The candidate will drive ideation conception, business plan development, research and validation of ideas and implementation of new programs and features that support the MasterCard offering.
• Develop strategic business plans for new products within the region, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs.
• Develop relevant local market business models (interchange, rules, rights, product requirements)
• Responsible for evaluating and applying market research and directing opportunity assessments on new ideas and concepts.
• Lead in the development of portfolio management tools including portfolio segmentation, acquisition best practices
• ATM and POS activation strategies and sustainable POS engagement tools and tactics.
• Providing expert support and guidance to local markets on product related matters.
• Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for MasterCard and suggest action steps as required. Lead the development of innovated and differentiated debit products to meet current and emerging needs of MasterCard customers and the market
• Develop and tailor portfolio P&L's to support individual issuer business cases for pro-active portfolio management and optimization activities
• Develop a 'Life Cycle Management' approach to constantly enhance/ modify/ upgrade products & benefits in line with market/ issuer/ segment needs to ensure maximum profitability to MasterCard through usage and retention
• Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development t
• Leads a cross-functional process with marketing, communications and region colleagues to support launch of new features, programs and promotions
• Extensive/ proven track record in in payments
• Strong analytical skills with regard to P&L development and ownership
• Flexibility to travel within Europe
• Strong business acumen with the ability to provide creative solutions that drive positive results to both the customer and MasterCard
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Expertise in customer acquisition, activation, usage, retention
• Leadership skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, form a vision, set direction and gain commitment of others to achieve goals and overcome obstacles
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Ability to turn qualitative and quantitative data and information analysis into actionable 'insights'
• Customer management and interaction skills
• Team player and achievement oriented
This position can be based in different European locations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website